Message boards : Number crunching : Incorrect Computer Assigned to Credits

Sort
Profile John B. Kalla
Volunteer tester

ID: 188
Credit: 104,643
RAC: 0
Message 2498 - Posted 15 Feb 2007 7:20:14 UTC

My new MacBook Pro (1413) took over the credits for my MacPro (1506). Can someone please merge the credits from the 1413 into 1506?

The other MacBook Pro (1505) is correct and should not be merged with anything.

Sorry for the trouble! I moved all my prefs into the new computer and it took the workunits from the MacPro. I've since fixed the problem, but it messed up my MacPro's credits.

MacPro
2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon | 2GB RAM | ATI x1900 | BOINC 5.9.5

Profile John B. Kalla
Volunteer tester

Message 2548 - Posted 21 Feb 2007 11:14:41 UTC

Unfortunately, the computer that now has all the credits is my MacBook Pro, which I've only had for a week or so. The computer that's supposed to have the credits is my MacPro (#1506). Once the credits are switched, I can merge the two MacBook Pros.

MacPro

Profile John B. Kalla
Volunteer tester

Message 2560 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 4:38:01 UTC
Last modified: 22 Feb 2007 4:38:39 UTC

If someone could please merge computers #1506 and #1413, I would really appreciate it. #1506 is the only "real" computer of the two.

MacPro

Profile David Ball
Forum moderator
Volunteer tester

ID: 115
Credit: 1,634,401
Message 2562 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 7:31:24 UTC - in response to Message ID 2560 .

If someone could please merge computers #1506 and #1413, I would really appreciate it. #1506 is the only "real" computer of the two.

Things may have changed but, at one time, if they tried to merge them in the database on the server end you would risk losing all your credits. I think there's some ongoing discussion on the BOINC developers mailing list about this but I'm behind on reading that.

The BOINC software is written/maintained by someone at another University so the Docking team aren't familiar with all it's intricate details. If they do something that isn't part of the normal BOINC administrative package/documentation, they risk causing unintended side effects.

-- David

Profile Conan
Volunteer tester

ID: 100
Credit: 4,256,493
Message 2564 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 12:33:47 UTC

John, I have the same problem ( I posted a thread over a month ago), created a bit differently to how you did it but still two of the same computers.
I was unable to have them merged as David states due to the possibility of losing all credits on that machine, so I have to just manually add the two totals together to see my machine overall total.
Andre was not sure it could be safely done so I said don't worry, as I did not want to lose any credit.

Profile Andre Kerstens
Forum moderator
Project tester
Volunteer tester

ID: 1
Credit: 15,199
Message 2565 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 17:50:39 UTC - in response to Message ID 2564 .

I've created a script based on the merge_host functionality that boinc makes available. For pressing cases, I can run this to merge hosts that can normally not be merged, because of all the checks build into the boinc code. If somebody wants us to merge their unmergable hosts, please supply userid, old_host_id and new_host_id. The old hosts will be made inactive and the new host gets all the credit. The script seems to work fine, but D@H DOES NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY for problems that might occur after the change.

Cheers!
Andre

John, I have the same problem ( I posted a thread over a month ago), created a bit differently to how you did it but still two of the same computers.
I was unable to have them merged as David states due to the possibility of losing all credits on that machine, so I have to just manually add the two totals together to see my machine overall total.
Andre was not sure it could be safely done so I said don't worry, as I did not want to lose any credit.

Project tester
Volunteer tester

Message 2566 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 18:38:50 UTC - in response to Message ID 2560 .

Done. 1413 is now inactive.

AK

Message 2567 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 20:14:32 UTC - in response to Message ID 2566 .

AK

Sweet! AK, you're great! Thanks! :-)

MacPro
Profile Andre Kerstens
Forum moderator
Project tester
Volunteer tester

Message 2568 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 20:33:44 UTC - in response to Message ID 2567 .

Just buy me a beer some time and I'll be happy :-)

AK

Sweet! AK, you're great! Thanks! :-)

Message 2569 - Posted 22 Feb 2007 22:13:32 UTC - in response to Message ID 2565 .

I've created a script based on the merge_host functionality that boinc makes available. For pressing cases, I can run this to merge hosts that can normally not be merged, because of all the checks build into the boinc code. If somebody wants us to merge their unmergable hosts, please supply userid, old_host_id and new_host_id. The old hosts will be made inactive and the new host gets all the credit. The script seems to work fine, but D@H DOES NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY for problems that might occur after the change.

Cheers!
Andre

Andre, can you do the same for me as per my original thread on the 21/11/06?

>>> Due to a Boinc hiccup I now have an extra computer that does not exist but Docking is using it.
I went into the 'merge host' function but no duplicate computer was listed so I was unable to merge the 2 hosts.
Host 410 (the original listing)
Host 989 (appeared from nowhere but is now the one being used).
They have the same specs with Boinc calling the Host a 'AuthenticAMD Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2'
(Boinc missed the 75 that goes on the end).

I would like the 2 hosts to be put together as one please.
This hiccup affected 4 of the projects I run on this computer and I was able to merge the extra host on both QMC and Einstein. I am unable to merge on Ralph and Docking.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.<<<<

This would be great if you could do this thanks
Glenn.

Message 2572 - Posted 24 Feb 2007 8:21:47 UTC - in response to Message ID 2569 .

Cheers!
Andre

Andre, can you do the same for me as per my original thread on the 21/11/06?

>>> Due to a Boinc hiccup I now have an extra computer that does not exist but Docking is using it.
I went into the 'merge host' function but no duplicate computer was listed so I was unable to merge the 2 hosts.
Host 410 (the original listing)
Host 989 (appeared from nowhere but is now the one being used).
They have the same specs with Boinc calling the Host a 'AuthenticAMD Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2'
(Boinc missed the 75 that goes on the end).

I would like the 2 hosts to be put together as one please.
This hiccup affected 4 of the projects I run on this computer and I was able to merge the extra host on both QMC and Einstein. I am unable to merge on Ralph and Docking.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.<<<<

This would be great if you could do this thanks
Glenn.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ANDRE, BOINC Buggered up again and created duplicates on all projects again. This time I was able to MERGE ALL duplicate Hosts on ALL PROJECTS including DOCKING which picked up my duplicate from last November as well and now they are all fixed up. Thanks but ALL OK NOW

Volunteer tester

Message 2573 - Posted 24 Feb 2007 15:36:37 UTC - in response to Message ID 2572 .

Thanks for the note. I won't try to merge anything; probably wouldn't be able to anyway!

AK

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ANDRE, BOINC Buggered up again and created duplicates on all projects again. This time I was able to MERGE ALL duplicate Hosts on ALL PROJECTS including DOCKING which picked up my duplicate from last November as well and now they are all fixed up. Thanks but ALL OK NOW

Message boards : Number crunching : Incorrect Computer Assigned to Credits

Database Error
: The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement
array(3) {
  [0]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(47) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/db_conn.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(97)
    ["function"]=>
    string(8) "do_query"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#17 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(72) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      &string(51) "update DBNAME.thread set views=views+1 where id=178"
    }
  }
  [1]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(48) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/forum_db.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(60)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#17 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(72) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(3) {
      [0]=>
      object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
        ["id"]=>
        string(3) "178"
        ["forum"]=>
        string(1) "2"
        ["owner"]=>
        string(3) "188"
        ["status"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["title"]=>
        string(38) "Incorrect Computer Assigned to Credits"
        ["timestamp"]=>
        string(10) "1172331397"
        ["views"]=>
        string(4) "1143"
        ["replies"]=>
        string(2) "11"
        ["activity"]=>
        string(20) "1.3423714857002e-123"
        ["sufferers"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["score"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["votes"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["create_time"]=>
        string(10) "1171524014"
        ["hidden"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["sticky"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["locked"]=>
        string(1) "0"
      }
      [1]=>
      &string(6) "thread"
      [2]=>
      &string(13) "views=views+1"
    }
  }
  [2]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(63) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/user/community/forum/thread.php"
    ["line"]=>
    int(184)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(11) "BoincThread"
    ["object"]=>
    object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
      ["id"]=>
      string(3) "178"
      ["forum"]=>
      string(1) "2"