Advanced search

Message boards : Number crunching : 1HPV problem is back

Sort
anthonmg

ID: 9657
Credit: 17,959,472
RAC: 0
Message 4993 - Posted 5 May 2009 18:09:10 UTC

The 1HPV problem seems to be back. I was away from my machines for a few days. It tlooks like I have a few complted 1hpv tasks but they haven't uploaded and took around 8 hours to complete (on my machine most docking work units take about 2.5-3 hours. The newwest 1hpv (e.g. 1hpv_mod_0014_13905_195183_0) as well as other units have bene running closer to 8 hours. I have several more that have started tha thav ebeen going for 2-8 hours each and they all say, No model formed yet."

It also looks as if I've received little to no credits since May 1st for Docking at home despite have 12 cores on it round the clock. Going through the log it looks like the work units were all aborted due to running too long.

My recent average credit has plumpeted 1000 points due to 5 days of no credit on 12 cores, which is a lot of wasted kilowats. I had thought these work units were recalled due to other problems people were having here with this. Can a retroactive credit be made?

Profile Trilce Estrada
Forum moderator
Project administrator
Project developer
Project tester

ID: 119
Credit: 1,217,236
Message 4998 - Posted 7 May 2009 15:01:14 UTC - in response to Message ID 4993 .

Hi anthonmg,

Yes, the problem with 1hpv was always present in all 1hpv, unfortunately the only solution was to abort those workunits. All the other workunits (1hsg, and so on) are fine, some of them may be longer than previous work, but they go to the end.

We are evaluating a way to compensate all the people donating during the crash of 1hpv and give them the earned credit, I'll keep you posted on this issue

Thank you

The 1HPV problem seems to be back. I was away from my machines for a few days. It tlooks like I have a few complted 1hpv tasks but they haven't uploaded and took around 8 hours to complete (on my machine most docking work units take about 2.5-3 hours. The newwest 1hpv (e.g. 1hpv_mod_0014_13905_195183_0) as well as other units have bene running closer to 8 hours. I have several more that have started tha thav ebeen going for 2-8 hours each and they all say, No model formed yet."

It also looks as if I've received little to no credits since May 1st for Docking at home despite have 12 cores on it round the clock. Going through the log it looks like the work units were all aborted due to running too long.

My recent average credit has plumpeted 1000 points due to 5 days of no credit on 12 cores, which is a lot of wasted kilowats. I had thought these work units were recalled due to other problems people were having here with this. Can a retroactive credit be made?

KWSN imcrazynow

ID: 10666
Credit: 82,953
Message 5002 - Posted 8 May 2009 17:47:19 UTC

One of my fellow teammates (Ohiomike) on The Knights Who Say Ni! team is only allowed 1 w/u a day as a result of having to abort alot of work due to this problem. Is there a way to clear that for him so he can get some work again?

Profile Trilce Estrada
Forum moderator
Project administrator
Project developer
Project tester

ID: 119
Credit: 1,217,236
Message 5003 - Posted 8 May 2009 20:48:42 UTC - in response to Message ID 5002 .

Hi KWSN,

Can you please confirm me that your team fellow is Ohiomike, and that he still have the problem? I will fix his record to be able to get more worunits per day, so far I looked at the DB and I found Ohiomike with the following records (every record is a host):

+----------+-----------------+
| name | max_results_day |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 24 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 34 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |

Thank you

One of my fellow teammates (Ohiomike) on The Knights Who Say Ni! team is only allowed 1 w/u a day as a result of having to abort alot of work due to this problem. Is there a way to clear that for him so he can get some work again?

KWSN imcrazynow

ID: 10666
Credit: 82,953
Message 5005 - Posted 8 May 2009 23:06:04 UTC - in response to Message ID 5003 .
Last modified: 8 May 2009 23:06:34 UTC

Hi KWSN,

Can you please confirm me that your team fellow is Ohiomike, and that he still have the problem? I will fix his record to be able to get more worunits per day, so far I looked at the DB and I found Ohiomike with the following records (every record is a host):

| name | max_results_day |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 24 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 34 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |
| ohiomike | 36 |

Thank you

Thank You Trilce!
It looks like it's improved some but he quit because of the problems getting work. Hopefully with your help he'll be back.
I've forwarded this to Mike.
anthonmg

ID: 9657
Credit: 17,959,472
Message 5009 - Posted 11 May 2009 17:59:03 UTC - in response to Message ID 4998 .

Thanks for looking into that. I didn't see the notice asking us to abort those units as I was out of town for a few days and looking forward to my computers have those days uninterrupted to crunch away. Sadly they aborted most of the units during those times :( Ah, science. THanks again!

Hi anthonmg,

Yes, the problem with 1hpv was always present in all 1hpv, unfortunately the only solution was to abort those workunits. All the other workunits (1hsg, and so on) are fine, some of them may be longer than previous work, but they go to the end.

We are evaluating a way to compensate all the people donating during the crash of 1hpv and give them the earned credit, I'll keep you posted on this issue

Thank you

Message boards : Number crunching : 1HPV problem is back

Database Error
: The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement
array(3) {
  [0]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(47) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/db_conn.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(97)
    ["function"]=>
    string(8) "do_query"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#11 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(66) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      &string(51) "update DBNAME.thread set views=views+1 where id=429"
    }
  }
  [1]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(48) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/forum_db.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(60)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#11 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(66) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(3) {
      [0]=>
      object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
        ["id"]=>
        string(3) "429"
        ["forum"]=>
        string(1) "2"
        ["owner"]=>
        string(4) "9657"
        ["status"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["title"]=>
        string(20) "1HPV problem is back"
        ["timestamp"]=>
        string(10) "1242064743"
        ["views"]=>
        string(3) "182"
        ["replies"]=>
        string(1) "5"
        ["activity"]=>
        string(19) "3.1766081051678e-89"
        ["sufferers"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["score"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["votes"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["create_time"]=>
        string(10) "1241546949"
        ["hidden"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["sticky"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["locked"]=>
        string(1) "0"
      }
      [1]=>
      &string(6) "thread"
      [2]=>
      &string(13) "views=views+1"
    }
  }
  [2]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(63) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/user/community/forum/thread.php"
    ["line"]=>
    int(184)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(11) "BoincThread"
    ["object"]=>
    object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
      ["id"]=>
      string(3) "429"
      ["forum"]=>
      string(1) "2"