Well I'd like to join Docking@home, but...

Advanced search

Message boards : Getting started : Well I'd like to join Docking@home, but...

Sort
Clae Cummins

ID: 32902
Credit: 0
RAC: 0
Message 6019 - Posted 13 Sep 2010 8:04:42 UTC

Hi all,

just having a problem getting my account linked to the client! I know I've set the account up correctly - not the first time I've used BOINC. I'm able to log into the website (in other words I know my email & password >< I'm connecting to the right URL (copy & pasted from the D@H website & I even double checked to make sure the server is up...but client keeps saying error connecting to account manager...any ideas, anyone?

zpm

ID: 8257
Credit: 474,576
Message 6020 - Posted 13 Sep 2010 8:47:17 UTC - in response to Message ID 6019 .

Hi all,

just having a problem getting my account linked to the client! I know I've set the account up correctly - not the first time I've used BOINC. I'm able to log into the website (in other words I know my email & password >< I'm connecting to the right URL (copy & pasted from the D@H website & I even double checked to make sure the server is up...but client keeps saying error connecting to account manager...any ideas, anyone?

if i'm understanding correctly, you said account manager, you need to select attach to project. hit the add project if your using one of the latest and greatest versions... lol

Clae Cummins

ID: 32902
Message 6021 - Posted 14 Sep 2010 19:37:50 UTC - in response to Message ID 6020 .

Hi all,

if i'm understanding correctly, you said account manager, you need to select attach to project. hit the add project if your using one of the latest and greatest versions... lol

Thx for the reply zpm...I'm already connected to the project. Looks like I'm trying to do something redundant connecting to the account manager as well, then...? Problem is, I can see the docking at home graphic in my screensaver, with 3 tasks ready to perform (which incidentally weren't there at the time of my last post)& with my preferences set to "always run" & three other projects running along happily, docking@home still sits there during its time share doing absolutely nothing...
zpm

ID: 8257
Credit: 474,576
Message 6022 - Posted 15 Sep 2010 0:38:19 UTC - in response to Message ID 6021 .

Hi all,

Thx for the reply zpm...I'm already connected to the project. Looks like I'm trying to do something redundant connecting to the account manager as well, then...? Problem is, I can see the docking at home graphic in my screensaver, with 3 tasks ready to perform (which incidentally weren't there at the time of my last post)& with my preferences set to "always run" & three other projects running along happily, docking@home still sits there during its time share doing absolutely nothing...

for some reason, i wouldn't mess with it, but it'll eventually run... don't worry.
loiseweiner

ID: 66133
Message 6810 - Posted 21 Aug 2012 10:47:37 UTC - in response to Message ID 6022 .

Hi all,

for some reason, i wouldn't mess with it, but it'll eventually run... don't worry.

how to reset user?

Message boards : Getting started : Well I'd like to join Docking@home, but...

Database Error
: The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement
array(3) {
  [0]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(47) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/db_conn.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(97)
    ["function"]=>
    string(8) "do_query"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#10 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(66) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      &string(51) "update DBNAME.thread set views=views+1 where id=556"
    }
  }
  [1]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(48) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/inc/forum_db.inc"
    ["line"]=>
    int(60)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(6) "DbConn"
    ["object"]=>
    object(DbConn)#10 (2) {
      ["db_conn"]=>
      resource(66) of type (mysql link persistent)
      ["db_name"]=>
      string(7) "docking"
    }
    ["type"]=>
    string(2) "->"
    ["args"]=>
    array(3) {
      [0]=>
      object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
        ["id"]=>
        string(3) "556"
        ["forum"]=>
        string(1) "8"
        ["owner"]=>
        string(5) "32902"
        ["status"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["title"]=>
        string(42) "Well I'd like to join Docking@home, but..."
        ["timestamp"]=>
        string(10) "1345546057"
        ["views"]=>
        string(3) "186"
        ["replies"]=>
        string(1) "4"
        ["activity"]=>
        string(19) "2.2797611556453e-38"
        ["sufferers"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["score"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["votes"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["create_time"]=>
        string(10) "1284365082"
        ["hidden"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["sticky"]=>
        string(1) "0"
        ["locked"]=>
        string(1) "0"
      }
      [1]=>
      &string(6) "thread"
      [2]=>
      &string(13) "views=views+1"
    }
  }
  [2]=>
  array(7) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(63) "/boinc/projects/docking/html_v2/user/community/forum/thread.php"
    ["line"]=>
    int(184)
    ["function"]=>
    string(6) "update"
    ["class"]=>
    string(11) "BoincThread"
    ["object"]=>
    object(BoincThread)#3 (16) {
      ["id"]=>
      string(3) "556"
      ["forum"]=>
      string(1) "8"