Posts by [B^S] Morgan the Gold

1)

Message boards : Number crunching : Failed Downloads

( Message 4222 )
Posted 3292 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
tried suse 11.0 64bit on boinc 6.2.14

got to see graphic window for a moment before it closed itself .
2)

( Message 4173 )
Posted 3298 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
Doorstop attached and runs, 32bit ubuntu BOINC 6.2.14 (no show), so its just on the ubuntu64 bit downloads fail that 1 file.
3)

( Message 4172 )
Posted 3298 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
I saw work a few minutes ago so i attached 2 more boxes, both are failing downloads "[error] checksum or signature error for lpdb.prm"

both are ubuntu64, boinc 6.3.5 (i tried the ignore checkbox in prefferences to no avail)

got 3 dockin' but do no screensaver; #1 (onboard via), #2 onboard nvidia
#3 32 bit suse machine with an old pci ati card , were all ready attached.

i will hold off on the other 3 till i see if i can hunt down this [error]

[edit] i sucessfully attached and am doing tasks on a suse64 machine
so the error is related to ubuntu freshly attached. sue has an expensive nvidia no go on the show though, boinc 6.3.5 .[/edit]
4)

Message boards : Cafe Docking : Last one to post here wins!

( Message 3772 )
Posted 3454 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
Wow the winner has been winning for 8 days.

:P

My turn
5)

Message boards : Cafe Docking : Last one to post here wins!

( Message 3698 )
Posted 3492 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
I Win
6)

Message boards : Number crunching : Detach the bad host?

( Message 3246 )
Posted 3749 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
256 funny what a new set of eyes can see, wiggle wiggle its back to the 512 i paid huge dollars for oh so so long ago :D

p.s. ot I finished an excelent book a few ago, it was called 'the transmigration of souls' ' William Barton' it was pretty twisted and it kept itself unpredictable to the end. it left Me many strange directions to think about it in ;-)

better than the last few hundred anyways
7)

Message boards : Number crunching : Detach the bad host?

( Message 3208 )
Posted 3753 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
trying to do this months potm (rosetta) I see this host hanged and hanged again, trying to do 'their' charm. I thought 'thats strange the charms from docking work ok'. but I checked ,and though they don't hang my machine, there are many failing :-(

So the question is; is this machine of use/interest, or is it a nuisance.
8)

Message boards : Cafe Docking : Massive censorship at Predictor !!!

( Message 3107 )
Posted 3760 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
I'm sad that I was Banned there too, I rebooted that old via of mine thousands of times when it would hang their tasks, I got 19 k with that processor there @ about 29 cobblestones a day thats a couple of years (running), learned alot about bioscience ,changed 'cince I was in school ;-)

The post for which I was banned was simply "Please say You are looking into this" but perhaps Canadian doesn't translate so well.

I was all happy about the 64bit app too , oh well.

With the plethora of new projects competing with them, i hope they see the light and listen to the suggestion of Mo.v and accept Ageless (Jord) and Saenger, or whoever as moderators, and listen to them and become informed. Admittedly it was an unlikely and unusual event, but not unique, and past message board presence was abysmal, problems not addressed for months, this seemed to have changed with the new "tasks' Mr.Braun did answer all My questions about the tasks previously to s.h.f.d.. Their new task requiring huge ram will hopefully force them to rethink their relationship with 'this mob''of children'.

speaking of which Carl over at cpdn wrote a great paper on boinc participants where He talked about the relationship with the crunchers and it's importance to them due to the size of wu and amount of dedication and time it takes to successfully complete it { I'v looked for a few days for it cant find it it was a pdf}

I have left 'banned for life' and returned to Synergy when I found I am no longer banned, IMHO Mr. Braun, is as He say, young, this is His first sysad job He was realy busy, but as I says " He _ " .I believe You can't learn to skii if You don't fall down - But if You don't learn anything by falling down, You shouldn't skii.remember that old 'wide world of sports' tv show that opened with that poor guy whipeing out down the down the hill end over end for the two minutes while they played there theme intro ? Well in My book this is twice Predictor has looked like that in my eyes.

(sorry for rambling on like this, but I am only going to make 1 post on this topic and this is it)

Someone said they boinc for the science, Me I boinc for the scientist ;-)

9)

Message boards : Unix/Linux : D@H: BOINC client upgrade request: cancelled

( Message 2910 )
Posted 3782 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
My pleasure ;-)

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
10)

Message boards : Unix/Linux : D@H: BOINC client upgrade request: cancelled

( Message 2902 )
Posted 3783 days ago by [B^S] Morgan the Gold
1830 , 1832 & 1833 ;-)

If one of these machines (hr class) is more needed let me know eh.

Next 10 posts