Join Docking@Home: Getting Started Guide (Step 3 of 3)
Start Docking! Joining Docking@Home is extremely easy - it takes just 3 steps, which we will walk you through.
Step 3 - Set Your Preferences
There are several places to choose how BOINC uses your computer.
- Preferences can be set by visiting the Docking@Home preferences page. These preferences are referred to as “global” and will affect any computer on which you run Docking@Home.
- Preferences are also available from two places within the BOINC manager. These preferences are “local” and affect all BOINC projects running on this particular computer.
- In the Simple View, the preferences tab at the bottom of the window.
- In the Advanced and Grid Views, the Advanced->Preferences… menu option.
That's it! Here's Some Other Fun Stuff
- Set up a profile! Create a community profile. Maybe you’ll even get to be user of the day!
- Join a team! You can team up with users with similar interests and affiliations. Teams can group statistics together and complete. Find a team or start your own!
- Get Add-ons! Utilize a variety of logging/statistical/fun add-ons.
- Learn about our Rules and Policies
If you’ve encountered an issue or have any questions regarding Docking@Home or BOINC, there are several places to look for answers:
- The Docking@Home FAQ: Maybe your problem is a common one. There are lots of answers here.
- The Docking@Home Message Boards: If your question wasn’t answered in the FAQ, chances are it has been on the message board. And if it hasn’t, ASK! The veterans and staff members would love to help.
- The BOINC Wiki: A good place to look for all things BOINC.
- BOINC Live Help / Email: Lets you talk one-on-one with experienced BOINC users. Volunteers speaking many languages are available! Note: The live help uses Skype, which will need to be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Docking@Home Server Status Page: Check to see if you aren’t getting any work because there is a problem on our end.
Go back to Join Docking@Home